Wednesday, August 4, 2010

30 days of Paleo.

So I'm about 3 months into crossfit, since having finished school and moving to Maryland. While I maintain consistency in the Gym, my diet remains less than ideal. By less than ideal I mean to say my weekdays are about 90% paleo. Then weekdays I find myself eating anything in sight and guzzling tasty beers nearing 10% alcohol and thicker than the bush of 80s playboy models.

I intend to remain 99% paleo for the next 30 days. I will still drink roughly 16oz of choco milk post wod and have a cup of black coffee now and again.

I intend to aim towards a 22 block zone. However, I am not too concerned with making my carb blocks everyday as I don't want to eat 30lbs of spinach per day. I'll get a better idea of macros as this diet progresses.

Currently my training is 5/3/1 5 days per week with metcons mixed in about 3 days per week. Currently I'm 6'1" 232 lbs, I'd like to lose about 10 to 15 lbs with this diet. My joints have been taking a beating as of late and I'd love to see my times come down.

Yesterday began this challenge. My food for yesterday is as follows:

Breakfast
4 eggs
1/2 bell pepper
1 small granny smith apple

1st lunch
6 oz flank steak
1/2 bell pepper
1 cup carrots
24 almons
1 small granny smith apple

2nd lunch
6 oz flank steak
1/2 bell pepper
1 cup carrots
24 almons
1 small granny smith apple

Post wod
8oz Chocolate milk

Dinner
8oz ground sirloin
1/2 cucumber
1/2 bell pepper
2 TB gauc
1 TB blueberry vinaigrette

Yesterday's WOD (I'm taking a deload from 5/3/1 this week and in general not trying to kill it.)
AMRAP 15
95# front squat
6 pull-ups
3 ring dips

7 rounds.

Cheers

No comments: